Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of September 2019.
“Quick and Easy SEO: Taking Advantage of Low-Hanging Fruit” by Dan Hollister on canirank blog.
- Smarter Keyword Targeting
- Clean Up Your Content
- Technical SEO: It’s Easier Than It Sounds
“Advanced Content Marketing: Your Step by Step Guide to Rank #1” on stanventures blog.
- How is seo content writer different than an ordinary content writer?
- What is the relationship between seo and content marketing?
- How to build a robust seo content strategy?
- How to create content to support local seo
- Ultimate guide to seo writing for e-commerce sites
- Types of content that will help your seo improve
- Top insanely useful content marketing tools and how to use them?
- Monitoring and measuring your content performance
- How can content marketing drive sales?
“Signs Of A Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update On August 29th” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
Seems that there was a Google search ranking algorithm update on August 29th
+15% traffic today (against same day last week). Something happened. It is just me ? France, Finance niche
I am seeing some big increases for USA keywords this morning. Most of these are ones that dropped quite a lot in the last two or three weeks.
“How to Use Keywords in Your Blogging Strategy” by Kameron Jenkins on Moz blog.
- What are keywords?
- How will keywords change my blog strategy?
- Where do I find keywords?
- What keywords do I pick?
- How do I use the keywords on my page?
- Where do I go from here?
“Complete Guide to Structured Data for SEO” by Isaac Bullen on 3whitehats blog.
- What is Structured Data?
- An Introduction to the Semantic Web
- Why Use Structured Data on Your Website
- How Does Structured Data Improve Search Ranking?
- Which Search Engines Use Structured Data
- Most Used Structured Data for SEOs
- What is the Difference Between Schema, Microdata and Microformats
- So What is JSON-LD?
- Is Open Graph Structured Data? And What About Twitter Cards?
- Structured Data Best Practice
- Generating Structured Data
- Implementing Structured Data via Google Tag Manager
- How to Test Structured Data
- 3WhiteHats Structured Data Testing Tool
- Enterprise Structured Data Testing Tools
- Why Isn’t Google Showing my Structured Data?
- Why Doesn’t Google Show Structured Data on my Homepage?
“How to Start a Blog in 12 Easy Steps” by Lars Lofgren on Quick Sprout blog.
- Step 1: Pick a category to focus your blog on
- Step 2: Find a domain for your blog
- Step 3: Choose a hosting provider for your blog
- Step 4: Point your domain name to your host
- Step 5: Install WordPress
- Step 6: Pick a WordPress theme for your blog
- Step 7: Install your WordPress plugins
- Step 8: Install Google Analytics
- Step 9: Set up your email list for the blog
- Step 10: Get into your blog posting groove
- Step 11: Build an audience around your blog
- Step 12: Monetize your blog
“11 Social Media Marketing Strategies for Ecommerce Websites” by Anna Crowe on Search Engine Journal.
- Tip 1: Go Live
- Tip 2: Link to Facebook Messenger from Your Website
- Tip 3: Invest in Facebook Ads
- Tip 4: Start Using Shoppable Posts
- Tip 5: Grow Your Followers
- Tip 6: Start Thinking about IGTV
- Tip 7: Add Shop the Look to Your Pins
- Tip 8: Dedicate a Budget to Promoted Carousel Ads
- Tip 9: Activate Product Pins
- Tip 10: Test Collection Ads on Snapchat
- Tip 11: Create a Video Strategy for YouTube
“How to Choose Trustworthy Plugins for Your Website” by Garbis Vizoian on 10web blog
- Check the number and rating of users
- Take a look at some user reviews
- Make sure it’s up to date
- Avoid nulled plugins
- Skim through WP-related forums/websites
- Test it out with a trusted tool
- Try it out on a staging site
- Make sure it has awesome support
- Just go with a unified service
“7 Tips to Optimize Crawl Budget for SEO” by Aleh Barysevich on Search Engine Journal.
- Allow Crawling of Your Important Pages in Robots.Txt
- Watch Out for Redirect Chains
- Use HTML Whenever Possible
- Don’t Let HTTP Errors Eat Your Crawl Budget
- Take Care of Your URL Parameters
- Update Your Sitemap
- Hreflang Tags Are Vital
“17 of the Best Email Marketing Services for Small Businesses” on mailfloss blog.
Here are the top 7:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here