Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of October 2018.
“Google Search Algorithm Ranking Shuffling On October 4th” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table. It seems that on October 4th there was a small Google update according to chatter signals. Some people are suggesting it could be Google Birthday Update tweak.
“The E-Commerce Benchmark KPI Study: The Most Valuable Online Consumer Trend of 2018 Revealed [Video]” by Alan Coleman on Moz blog. This study analyzes over 250 million websites.
- Average pages per session (.37)
- Average session length (.49)
- Conversion rate by users (.41)
- Number of sessions per user (.67)
- Percentage of sessions from paid search (.25)
“The Top 13 Tools to Use for A/B Testing” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Google Optimize
- AB Tasty
- Adobe Target
- Oracle Maxymiser
- Sentient Ascend
“7 Powerful Reasons Content Needs Great Visuals” by Sam Hollingsworth on Search Engine Journal.
- Humans Prefer Visuals
- Visuals Create Connections
- Visuals Generate More Organic Visibility
- Visuals Help Capture Short Attention Spans
- Visuals Are More Memorable
- Visuals Help Drive Leads
- Content Can Be Repurposed into a Variety of Rich Media Types
“Resource page link building” by Michael Schumacher on schumachermarketing blog. This is very detail article. Michael divided in into the following chapters:
- What is resource link building?
- What kind of content do you need?
- Picking the right resource page link building strategy
- Vetting your resource page link opportunities.
- How to find resources using advanced search engine operators.
- How to find resource page link opportunities using tools.
- How to document resource pages properly.
- Streamlining your resource page outreach.
“Content for Local SEO: Key Statistics and Actionable Ideas [Infographic]” by Kelly O’Hara on copygoals blog. This is infographic so I will not be talking too much about it. You can click link above and see key statistics and actionable ideas.
“How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress” by Nick Schäferhoff on websitesetup blog. This tutorial has the following information:
- What is Google Analytics and Why Do You Need It?
- How to Sign Up to Google Analytics?
- How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress?
- How to Install Google Analytics with a WordPress Plugin?
“4 Reasons your PPC Landing Page should be a Chatbot” by Arnav Patel on hellotars blog.
- Higher User Engagement
- Mobile Optimized right out of the box
- The WhatsApp effect
“38 Top Inbound Marketing Tools for 2018” by Tony DeRoia on leadfeeder. Top 10:
- Survey Monkey
“13 Easy Ways to Increase Conversions with Technical SEO” by Natasha Kvitka on netpeaksoftware.
- Catch Eyes: Use Header Tags to Empower Your CTA
- Work On The Invisible: META Title and Description Tags
- Draw With Words: Use Keywords to Fit Reading Patterns
- Do It Fast: Optimize Page Load Speed
- Know Exactly Where Your Customers Are: Use Local SEO Techniques
- Call Them By Their Names: Voice Search Optimization
- Be Better Than the Best: Target #0 position
- Haunt Them: Prioritize Mobile Optimization
- Know Your Limits: Reconsider Popups and Interstitial Content
- Speak to Them in Different Voices: Use Social Signals
- Use Spider Power: Take Crawl and Index under Control
- Mark Your Data: Implement Microdata Schema Markup
- Using Open Graph Meta Data for Social Sharing
“Small Business Website SEO: How To Get On The First Page Of Google” by Sean Corbett on websites.ca.
- The “Free” SEO Audit, And How To Focus On Critical Web Pages
- Keyword Research: How To Pick The Right Phrases For SEO
- Copywriting for SEO
- On-Page SEO: Proper Website Setup
- Off-Page SEO: Local Listings & Link Building
- Content Marketing
- Do Paid Ads (On Google Or Facebook) Help SEO?
- SEO Tools, Tracking Results, & Managing Expectations
“Guest Blogging for SEO & Backlinks [Step #4 Most People Do Wrong]” by Rintu Biswas on digitalseoland blog.
Step #1: Find Guest Posting Opportunities
Step #2: Check Quality of These Guest Posting Blogs
Step #3: Search For Outstanding Topics
Step #4: Send Your Guest Posting Email [Most People Do It Wrong]
Step #5: Write Your Guest Post [In-depth and Useful]
Step #6: Promote Your Guest Post Everywhere
“7+ Less Known Free Keyword Research Tools” by Deepack on digitechnolog blog.
- Answer the Public
- Google Trends
- Google’s Searches Related to…
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here