Welcome to the winter edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of December 2021.
“December 2021 Google Product Reviews Update Rolling Out – What We See So Far” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
This is a second edition of Product reviews update this year. The previous one, in April, was quite massive.
“How to Use Keyword Clustering to Seamlessly Optimize Your SEO Content” by Zoe Ashbridge on Moz blog.
- Cluster alongside SERP analysis
- Use keyword clustering to discover new content opportunities
- Choose the most appropriate keyword for the content (then use internal linking, naturally)
- Say goodbye to cannibalization
- Keyword clustering streamlines the SEO content plan and improves productivity
“Google: Keep 301 Redirects In Place For A Year” by Matt Southern on Search Engine Journal.
“At Google we try to reprocess all pages at least every few months. Most pages are checked more often. However, the amount of crawling is limited and there are many pages that we’d like to crawl, so we have to prioritize.
When a URL changes our systems need to see the change in the form of a redirect for at least a few times in order to record that change.
To be certain that a redirect has been seen a few times, we recommend keeping the redirect in place for at least one year.”
“SEO Analytics: The Simple Step-By-Step Guide” by Kayle Larkin on Ahrefs blog.
- Step 1. Plan your work
- Step 2. Set up the right measurement tools
- Step 3. Set up dashboards and reports
- Step 4. Review and act on the data
“28 of the Best SEO Tools for Auditing & Monitoring Your Website in 2022” by Tom Demers on hubspot blog.
- HubSpot Website Grader
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- UpCity Free SEO Report Card
- Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Bing Webmaster
- Google Trends
- Check My Links
- HubSpot SEO Marketing Software
- Moz Pro
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Keyword Hero
“SEO Campaign Strategy: Systematizing Your SEO in 2022” by Evan Bailyn on firstpagesage blog.
- Strategic SEO Planning
- Technical SEO
- Content Creation
- SEO Conversion Funnel Building
- Attribution, Tracking, and Reporting
“13 Biggest SEO Trends to Look for in 2022 (UPDATED LIST)” by Dileep Thekkethil on stanventures.
- Video SEO Gets Two Dedicated Structured Data
- Take Note of MUM to Improve Your Rankings
- Passage Indexing
- Core Web Vitals
- Focus on User + Search Intent
- Customer Analytics, Retention & Lifetime Value
- Brand SERP Optimization, Knowledge Graphs & Entities
- All SEO Is Mobile SEO
- Assess, Adapt & Execute
- More Automation
- SERP Layout & Functionality Changes
- Long-Form Content
- SEO Scalability
“5 Basic SEO Principles to Increase Your Website Traffic” by Mary Whitman on multi channel merchant blog.
- Keyword Optimization
- Title Tags
- Meta Description
- Publish High-Quality Content
- SEO Audit
“SEO Mistakes To Avoid In 2022: A Guide For Organic Growth” by Basak KUNDURACI on personalization blog.
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #1: Having Poor Internal Link Structure
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #2: Not Using Analytics to Understand the Converting Content
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #3: Having Duplicated Content
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #4: Forgetting Image Tags
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #5: Forgetting to Optimize Your Site for Local Search
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #6: Forgetting Content Marketing
- SEO Mistakes To Avoid in 2022 #7: Not Consulting Paid Media
“Local SEO Ranking Factors: What Affects Google Local Rankings?” by Alix Coe on brightlocal.
- Primary GBP category
- Keywords in GBP business title
- Proximity of address to the point of search
- Physical address in city of search
- Additional GBP categories
- High numerical Google ratings
- Completeness of GBP listing
- Quality/authority of inbound links
- Keywords in native Google reviews
- Removal of spam listings
- Keywords in GBP landing page title
- Quantity of native Google reviews (with text)
- Verified GBP listing
- Quality/authority of inbound links to GBP landing page URL