Welcome to the summer edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of August 2021.
“Quiet Week After The Google Link Spam Update; Maybe It’s Being Felt Now” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
Last week Google announced a new link spam algorithm update. Although it was quiet for the first few days on the chatters but now it’s being felt.
“3 Powerful On-Page Optimizations to Power Up Your Content” by Chris Giarratana on Moz blog.
- Format content for readers & robots
- Optimize for featured snippets
- Add an FAQ section & FAQ schema
“5 Best Digital Marketing Courses to Take in 2021” on Search Engine Journal.
- Post-Graduate Program in Digital Marketing in Partnership with Purdue University, co-created with Facebook and delivered by Simplilearn
- Digital Media and Marketing Certificate – Duke University Continuing Studies
- Simplilearn’s Digital Marketing Specialist Master’s Program
- Marketing M.S. from Georgia State University
- Strategic Online Marketing Certificate from University of San Diego
“Top 16 SEO Tools to Improve Your Rankings and Boost Your Bottom Line” b yWerner Geyser on influencermarketinghub.
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
“Blog SEO: How to Search Engine Optimize Your Blog Content” by Basha Coleman on hubspot blog.
- Does blogging help with SEO?
- Factors That Affect Blog SEO
- How to Optimize Blog Content for Search Engines
- Blog SEO Tips
“Ultimate WordPress SEO Guide for Beginners (Step by Step)” on WP beginner.
- The Basics of WordPress SEO
- The Best WordPress SEO Plugin
- WordPress SEO Best Practices
- Speed and Security for WordPress SEO
“Five Things That Just Aren’t True About SEO Anymore” by Ernie Smith on associationsnow.
Myth #1: Keywords Matter Most
Myth #2: Users Favor the Desktop
Myth #3: More Content Is Always Better
Myth #4: Duplicate Content Doesn’t Matter
Myth #5: Your Site’s Speed Doesn’t Impact Its Ranking
“7 Key Metrics to Check When Running a Local SEO Audit” by Nick Chernets on entrepreneur.
- The growth of your organic search traffic
- The efficiency of your organic rankings
- Comparison of organic and other traffic
- The conversions for organic traffic
- Visibility of your listing
- User engagement on your site
- Potential crawl and technical SEO errors
“The Beginner’s Guide to SEO” on contentkingapp.
- What is SEO?
- How SEO works in a nutshell
- What does it take to perform well in SEO?
- A search engine friendly website
- Help search engines find your pages
- Help search engines access your pages
- Valuable content
- Keyword Research: find keywords of interest
- Keyword Strategy: incorporate keywords into pages
- Authority and trust
“The Easy Guide to eCommerce SEO” on yotpo.
- SEO Basics to Get You Started
- Optimizing Your eCommerce Store for SEO
- Master Your eCommerce SEO Strategy
- eCommerce SEO in Action