Welcome to the summer edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of August 2019.
“Google Posts Help Advice For Sites Impacted By Core Updates” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
Google officially said that you can’t fix your rankings after core updates:
There’s nothing wrong with pages that may perform less well in a core update. They haven’t violated our webmaster guidelines nor been subjected to a manual or algorithmic action, as can happen to pages that do violate those guidelines. In fact, there’s nothing in a core update that targets specific pages or sites. Instead, the changes are about improving how our systems assess content overall. These changes may cause some pages that were previously under-rewarded to do better.
One way to think of how a core update operates is to imagine you made a list of the top 100 movies in 2015. A few years later in 2019, you refresh the list. It’s going to naturally change. Some new and wonderful movies that never existed before will now be candidates for inclusion. You might also reassess some films and realize they deserved a higher place on the list than they had before.
The list will change, and films previously higher on the list that move down aren’t bad. There are simply more deserving films that are coming before them.
“9 Tips to Integrate Organic, Paid, and Content – Whiteboard Friday” by Heather Physioc on Moz blog.
- Announce change all at once, but roll out changes one at a time
- Document new products & processes
- Make recommendations and report together
- Cross-train to build advocacy across teams
- Reintroduce the team or capability
- Market the joint wins
- Hold roundtables to deep-dive search opportunities
- Host mutual lunch & learns to cross-pollinate
- Give ownership of change to others
“9 Popular Ecommerce Products to Sell Online in 2019” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Electric scooters
- Virtual reality headsets
- Smart speakers
- Vapor products
- Digital courses and learning material
- Clothing and accessories
“12 Essential Data Studio Visualizations for Paid Search Marketers” by Amy Hebdon on Search Engine Journal.
- KPI Scorecards
- Attention-Grabbing Tables
- Conversion Type Breakout
- Local Actions – Click Type Breakout
- Top Ad Placements
- YouTube Ads Performance
- Micro Comparison Bar Charts
- Google Trends Data
- Google Analytics Channel Breakout
- Auction Insights Scatter Plot
- Pacing Bullet Charts
- Zoom-In / Zoom-Out Time Series Charts
“Top 25 Mobile Productivity Apps for 2019” by Vlad Shvets on prowly blog.
Best Document Management and Security Apps:
- Zoho Docs
- Zoho Mobile Forms
- PDF Reader
Find more apps by clicking the link above.
“The 23 Best Keyword Tracking Tools (According to 107 SEOs)” by Jessica Greene on databox blog.
- Ahrefs (31 recommendations)
- SEMrush (30 recommendations)
- Google Search Console (8 recommendations)
- AccuRanker (4 recommendations)
- AgencyAnalytics (4 recommendations)
- Moz (4 recommendations)
- STAT (3 recommendations)
- Advanced Web Ranking (AWR) (2 recommendations)
- Pro Rank Tracker (2 recommendations)
- SE Ranking (2 recommendations)
- SEO PowerSuite – Rank Tracker (2 recommendations)
- SERPWatcher by Mangools (2 recommendations)
- Hike (1 recommendation)
- Keyword Hero (1 recommendation)
- Monitor Backlinks (1 recommendation)
- io (1 recommendation)
- Rank Ranger (1 recommendation)
- SEOmonitor (1 recommendation)
- SerpBook (1 recommendation)
- SERPBOT (1 recommendation)
- SerpDB (1 recommendation)
- Ubersuggest (1 recommendation)
- Wincher (1 recommendation)
“6 Killer Ways To Successfully Improve Your Domain Authority” by Dinesh Seervi on myhq blog.
1) Get hold of the best domain name first
2) Think about domain name extension
3) Create SEO friendly articles
4) Write a lot about your niche
5) More social media presence
6) Work on Link Building
“17 Email Marketing Templates For An Effective Email Marketing Strategy” by Jane Courtnell on process blog.
- Email Marketing Campaign Template
- Email Scrubbing Template
- Hubspot Email Tracking Template
- MailChimp Merge Tags Template
- Personalized Marketing Campaign Template
- Remarket Leads In Gmail Template
“7 Opt-In Form Examples from Top Online Retailers” by Emil Kristensen on sleeknote blog.
- Example #1: Frank Body
- Example #2: SurfStitch
- Example #3: Primary
- Example #4: LNA Clothing
- Example #5: Blue Bottle Coffee
- Example #6: Everlane
- Example #7: Erin Louise
“7 Reasons Why Using Contact Center Software in the Cloud” on cloudtalk blog.
- Reduce Operational Cost
- Scale your contact center flexibly
- Give your clients omnichannel experience
- Increased happiness and productivity with Intelligent Routing
- Reaching one contact center around the world
- Hassle-free onboarding
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here