Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of October 2019.
“More Traffic; Less Competition: The Long Tail Keyword Mastery Guide” on fatjoe blog.
- Defining a “Long Tail Keyword”
- Dispelling the myth that long tail keywords have to be…LONG
- Long Tails in The Wild
- How to Find Long Tail Keywords
“Google: We Do Not Have An EAT Score” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table. Marie Haynes from Google said that there is no internal E.A.T. score. There is no one algo that looks for that.
“6 Ways to Get More Organic Traffic, Without Ranking Your Website” by Ryan Stewart on Moz blog.
- When the keywords are just TOO competitive
- When you can hijack “brand alternative” keywords
- When you want to rank for “best” keywords
- When you need to spread your local footprint
- When you need to boost e-commerce sales
- When the SERPs call for video
“How to Start a Blog in 12 Easy Steps” by Lars Lofgren on Quick Sprout blog.
- Step 1: Pick a category to focus your blog on
- Step 2: Find a domain for your blog
- Step 3: Choose a hosting provider for your blog
- Step 4: Point your domain name to your host
- Step 5: Install WordPress
- Step 6: Pick a WordPress theme for your blog
- Step 7: Install your WordPress plugins
- Step 8: Install Google Analytics
- Step 9: Set up your email list for the blog
- Step 10: Get into your blog posting groove
- Step 11: Build an audience around your blog
- Step 12: Monetize your blog
“5 Characteristics of an Ineffective Email Outreach Template” by Alexandra Tachalova on Search Engine Journal.
- Non-Personalized Egobait
- Asking for Favors in Your First Email
- Not Giving Enough Reasons to Confirm That You’ll Be a Great Partner
- Trying to Fool a Recipient
- Skipping a Personal Touch
“50+ of the Best PR Tools Every Marketer Should Try” by Olga Gabdulkhakova on link-assistant blog.
- Rank Tracker
- SEO SpyGlass
Find more tools by clicking the link above.
“11 tips for using Google Ads’ new audiences like a pro” by Matt Lawson on Search Engine Land.
- Get to know your new audiences
- Use your new audiences like a pro
“5 Social Media Marketing Tactics I Used to Build Early Traction for my SaaS (Without a Marketing Budget)” by Tushar Jain on astrogrowth blog.
#1. Start with Quora
#2. Start building a personal brand
#3. Show appreciation (and connect aggressively)
#4. Ask for feedback (in relevant groups)
#5. Be ready to help (and then ask for help)
“6 Key Challenges Small Businesses Need to Address – Soon” by Itai Elizur on smallbiztrends.
- Cyberattacks Continue to Run Rampant
- Consumers Look for Engaging Content on Social Media
- Stakeholders Want to Be Educated
- Distributed Teams Require Collaborative Task Management
- People Want to Do Business with Thought Leaders
- Customers Demand Fast Responses to Inquiries and Concerns
“Top 5 Common Startup Mistakes In Marketing” by Dmytro Z on y-sbm blog.
#1 A good product doesn’t need marketing
#2 The product is developed – it’s time to think about marketing
#3 Was there a problem to begin with?
#4 High marketing expectations
#5 Promotion on all available channels
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here