Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of November 2019.
“2019 Content Marketing Statistics: What Type Of Content Works For You?” by Darina Lynkova on review42 blog.
- Content marketing is 3 times more efficient in terms of leads than outbound marketing.
- 60% of B2C marketers use content marketing strategies.
- 56% of businesses worldwide intend to spend more on content creation.
- 73% of businesses have a designated employee to monitor content creation.
- 72% of companies say content marketing increases leads.
- More than 80% of marketers plan to spend more on content marketing.
“New York Times Search Ranking Drop After Google BERT Update” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
New York Times was affected by the recent Google algorithm named BERT.
“5 Things You Should Know About “People Also Ask” & How to Take Advantage” by Samuel Mangialavori on Moz blog.
- PAA can occupy different positions on the SERP
- Do PAAs have a limit?
- PAAs can trigger video results
- PAA questions are frequently repeated for the same search topic and also trigger featured snippets
- PAAs have a feedback feature
“How to Start a Blog in 12 Easy Steps” by Lars Lofgren on quicksprout blog.
#1 – Pick a category to focus your blog on
#2 – Find a domain for your blog
#3 – Choose a hosting provider for your blog
#4 – Point your domain name to your host
#5 – Install WordPress
#6 – Pick a WordPress theme for your blog
#7 – Install your WordPress plugins
#8 – Install Google Analytics
#9 – Set up your email list for the blog
#10 – Get into your blog posting groove
#11 – Build an audience around your blog
#12 – Monetize your blog
“SEO Keyword Research: 13 of the Biggest Mistakes You MUST Avoid” by Carolyn Lyden on Search Engine Journal.
- Forgetting Searcher Intent
- Not Looking at Actual SERPs
- Not Seeing Past ‘Volume’ Metrics
- Dismissing Long-Tail Keywords
- Not Talking to Real People
- Inserting Keywords After an Article is Written
- Not Knowing Where Your Audience is Searching
- Focusing Too Much on Exact Match
- Ignoring Localization
- Not Focusing on More Broad Topics
- Being Unaware of Competitors
- Not Evaluating Keyword Difficulty Properly
- Letting Clients Pick the Search Terms
“8 SEO Myths You Need to Stop Believing” by Brooks Manley on learn.g2.com.
- A tool will solve all your problems
- You just need to publish great content
- DA is the most important link building metric
- Blog comments help you rank
- You shouldn’t link out to other sites
- Updating your site regularly helps SEO
- There’s a penalty for duplicate content
- Word count is a ranking factor
“5 Creative Techniques to Increase E-Commerce Traffic (With Examples)” by Emil Kristensen on sleeknote blog.
- Add an Instagram Gallery
- Optimize Product Pictures for Google Images
- Collaborate with Influencers
- Hold a Giveaway
- Ask Your Most Loyal Customers for Reviews
“How Google BERT Changes SEO” by Matt Bentley on canirank blog.
- What is Google BERT?
- Examples of how BERT changes query understanding
- Can you optimize for BERT?
“9 LinkedIn Content Ideas That Will Bring You More Customers” by Ugi Djuric on lempod.
- LinkedIn Content Idea #1 – Kickstart your LinkedIn engagement with original long-form content
- LinkedIn Content Idea #2 – Build the influence by educating your target audience
- LinkedIn Content Idea #3 – Refragment your content into videos
- LinkedIn Content Idea #4 – Write about your personal life
- LinkedIn Content Idea #5 – Share your mistakes and teach other people how to avoid them
- LinkedIn Content Idea #6 – Write about the benefits of your product/service – but don’t overdo it
- LinkedIn Content Idea #7 – Focus on the human element
- LinkedIn Content Idea #8 – Don’t forget about the memes
- LinkedIn Content Idea #9 – Distribute your content
“5 recent trends in Natural Language Processing you need to know” by Bogdan K. COO, Diana M. on y-sbm blog.
- The evolution of natural language understanding
- Use of supervised and unsupervised learning together with NLP
- Replacement of manual translation with machine translation
- Natural language content generation
- Cross-platform NLP usage
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here