Welcome to the winter edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of January 2020.
“Google January 7th Search Ranking Algorithm Update Early Signals” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
Seems there was a Google algorithm on January 7th:
There is a rather drastic change in the keywords and sources of access to my site. Hope everything goes smoothly!
Noticing changes as well. Had a minor drop overnight on some keywords. Based in Netherlands.
“Find Competitive Keywords, Ranking Distributions, & Common Questions: 3 Workflows for Smarter Keyword Research” by Felicia Crawford on Moz blog.
- How to discover competitive keyword opportunities
- How to discover a URL or an exact page’s ranking distribution of keywords
- How to discover common keyword questions
“Debunking 5 of the Biggest Link Building Misconceptions Today” by Alexandra Tachalova on Search Engine Journal.
- Misconception 1: Don’t Bother Building Links – If Your Content Is Truly Engaging & Insightful, Links Will Come
- Misconception 2: It Doesn’t Matter Whether You’re Buying or Earning Links
- Misconception 3: The Best Links Come From Digital PR Campaigns
- Misconception 4: The Best Way to Build Links Is by Doing Guest Blogging
- Misconception 5: Reaching out to Relevant Blogs Is the Right Way to Secure Links
“7 of the Best Social Media Tools for Agencies” by Aleh Barysevich on business2community blog.
- Sprout Social
“11 Best Social Media Marketing Courses For Beginners” by Anuradha Singh on myhq blog.
1) What is Social?
2) Udemy’s Complete Digital Marketing Course
3) Hootsuite Academy of Social Marketing Training
4) Social Media Ethics course
5) Comprehensive Social Media Training Bootcamp
6) Viral Marketing and How to Create Contagious Content
7) The Complete Facebook Marketing Masterclass
8) YouTube Marketing & SEO
9) Essentials of LinkedIn Marketing
10) Twitter Marketing course
11) Social Media Monitoring Course
“10 Expert Tips to Help You Grow Your Small Business” by Annie Pilon on smallbiztrends blog.
- Make Sure Growth Really is Your Best Strategy
- Adapt a Growth Mindset for Your Content Marketing
- Legally Update Your Business Entity Type
- Determine Your Website Costs
- Deepen Customer Empathy
- Read Up on YouTube Advertising Rules
- Make Sure Your Cut Out for the Startup Lifestyle
- Make More Money Online
- Determine How to Talk About your Business
- Learn from Important B2B Marketing Insights
“10 Advanced Google Shopping Strategies for Brands and Manufacturers” by Tina Eaton on plytix blog.
- Use Product Groups
- Google Shopping Bidding
- Remarketing With RLSA Campaigns
- Use Merchant Promotions
- Query Sculpting
- Customer Match Targeting
- Use Geo-Targeting Modifiers
- Segment by Search Query
- Manage Product Variants
- Leverage Showcase Shopping Ads
“How to Publish Press Releases for SEO” by Joe Fitzpatrick on canirank blog.
- ‘When to Use Press Releases?’
- Structure & Boilerplate: Making journalists’ lives easier
- The headline and the subheading: your one chance to get their attention
- The Body: Who, What, When, Where, Why
- Distribution: Getting out onto the wires
“5 Ways to Optimize Your Images to Rank” by Angela Ash on g2 blog.
- Image naming
- Image description
- Image format, dimensions, and size
- Image compression
- Supporting content
“10 Best Ahrefs Alternatives (Free and Paid) You Should Know About” by Greg on enticehq blog.
- SE Ranking
- Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins
- Moz Pro
- SEO PowerSuite
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here