Welcome to the spring edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of April 2019.
“Google Is Dropping Pages Out Of The Search Index; A Bug?” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table. Some webmasters report that Google is dropping their pages out of the search results. It could be a bug by search engine.
Me Too Spiekerooger but see my post above yours. I am also from germany and the reason could be, that the pages are not anymore in the index. It looks like there is some error in the google serps. see for example:
Yes, I see the same across many big domains. URL of home page suddenly dropped from google index. No changes to meta or robots.txt done. Search Console -> URL Inspection -> Live Test gives a good looking screenshot. No message of manual action.
“8 Content Distribution Ideas to Meet Your Brand’s Goals” by Alli Berry on Moz blog.
- Sponsored content or guest posts
- Paid advertising
- Blog posts
- Original research
- Product pages
“15 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Wins to Test” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Simplify your website
- Include a search box
- Have clear CTA buttons
- Highlight items that are on sale
- Display multiple pictures of the product
- Include a detailed product description
- Offer easily accessible customer service
- Include all your contact information
- Simplify the checkout process
- Offer multiple payment options
- Include user reviews
- Add a video demonstration
- Don’t surprise your customers with extra fees
- Send shopping cart abandonment emails
- Recommend products to enhance the shopping experience
“The 10 Most Important PPC KPIs You Should Be Tracking” by Chandal Nolasco da Silva on Search Engine Journal.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Quality Score
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Conversion/Acquisition (CPA)
- Conversion Rate (CVR)
- Impression Share (CPM)
- Average Position
- Budget Attainment
- Lifetime Value
“10 Tips for Updating Your Small Biz Strategies with New Innovations” by Annie Pilon on smallbiztrends blog.
- Build a Machine Learning Chatbot for Your Business
- Embrace Digital Marketing Trends
- Improve Your Internal Linking Strategy
- Deliver Loyalty Campaigns with Amazon Moments
- Learn How to Think About SEO
- Make an Omnichannel Business
- Measure the ROI of Your Social Media Marketing
- Use These eCommerce Shipping Software Solutions
- Look Out for Trends in Google Video Ads
- Keep These Email Marketing Best Practices in Mind
“16 Proven Ways for Increasing Inbound Sales Calls” by Elise Dopson on databox blog.
- Display your phone number everywhere
- Think about timezones
- Invest in two types of phone number
- Turn CTAs into “request a call”
- Give leads an incentive to call
- Automatically message customers to schedule a chat
- Get to grips with your buying journeys
“The 9 Secrets of Stellar Customer Care on Social Media” by Vlad Calus on feedier blog.
- Monitor Your Brand
- Share a Great Experience
- Always Follow-up
- Be Trendy and Cool
- Be a Human
- Promote Self-Help
- Reply as Quickly as Possible To Customers on Social Media
- Handle Public & Private Comments on Your Social Media Profile
- Respond To All Social Media Feedback and Comments
“10 of the Best Keyword Ranking Checkers to Consider” by Aleh Barysevich on business2community blog.
- Rank Tracker (by SEO PowerSuite)
- Google Search Console
- Rank Tracker (by Moz Pro)
- Advanced Web Ranking
“6 Ways to Improve your Coupon Marketing Strategy and Increase Sales” by William Harris on sellbrite blog.
- Add Discounts to Lead Forms
- Use Limited-Time Offers
- Strategize What Types of Deals to Offer
- Create a Customer Reward Program
- Use Different Distribution Channels
- Use Creative Visuals
“7 MailChimp Alternatives (Our Feedback After Trying Them Out)” by Rohan on sendx blog.
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here