Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of September 2018.
“How to Increase Sales Using Social Media” by Lisa Austin on myecomclub.
5 Tips to Increase Sales Using Social Media:
- Post Often
- Use Images
- Learn to Pin
- Photograph People
- Make a Video
“Google: The Source Alone Of The Link Doesn’t Make The Link Bad” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
“Ranking the 6 Most Accurate Keyword Difficulty Tools” by Jeff Baker on Moz blog.
Here are the tools:
Jeff used the following tests to rank them:
Test 1: The Pearson Correlation Coefficient
Test 2: Adjusted Pearson Correlation Coefficient
Test 3: Resampling
“11 Ways to Make a Living on Social Media Without Selling a Single Product” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Pick a platform
- Join a network for influencers
- Boost your engagement rates
- Give away free stuff
- Use multiple hashtags
- Partner with a mobile app
- Find your niche
- Know your worth
- Post high-quality photos
- Fully disclose your relationships with brands
- Promote your services
“6 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Social Media Audience Research” by Sergey Grybniak on Search Engine Journal.
- Identify Your Buyer Persona
- Research How Users Interact with Brands
- Determine Your Social Media Audience Size
- Survey Your Customers
- Research Your Audience Using Messengers
- Connect with Your Customers
“SEO for Your Blog: Starter Guide [+ Actionable PDF Checklist]” by Inessa Bokhan on Link Assistant blog.
- Fix technical issues and improve load speed
- Brainstorm ideas, set goals, and research keywords
- Create and optimize your post
- Plan outreach and link building
“5 of the Best Social Listening Tools in 2018” by Anna Bredava on business2community blog.
“Everything You Need to Repurpose Content Visually [Free Ebook + Templates]” by Midori Nediger on venngage blog.
You can repurpose content by:
- Repurposing a blog post into an infographic
- Repurposing a report into a presentation slide deck
- Repurposing a presentation slide deck into a print brochure
- Repurposing a blog post into an Ebook (like this one!)
- Repurposing an infographic into a social media image
- Repurposing a social media image into a header for an email newsletter
“The 6 Biggest Email Marketing Myths BUSTED” by Nicolas Lekkas on growthrocks.
Myth#1: Email Marketing is Dying
Myth#2: Only desk job workers and/ or old people read their emails
Myth#3: You should avoid spam words like the devil
Myth#4: A short headline is a good headline
Myth#5: Tuesdays 1 pm or Thursdays 3 pm is the best time to send an email
Myth#6: You are sending too many emails
“Technical SEO Checklist: 9 Steps to a Technically Perfect Site in 2018” by Masha Maksimava on link-assistant blog.
- Review your sitemap.
- Check indexing.
- Make sure all important resources are crawlable.
- Amplify crawl budget.
- Audit internal links.
- Check on your HTTPS content.
- Test and improve page speed.
- Get mobile friendlier.
- Ask search engines to re-crawl your site.
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here