Welcome to the autumn edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of September 2017.
“20 Effective Ways to Keep Your Readers Engaged to Your Article (Infographic)” by Bhaswati Chakrabarti on My Tasker blog. All 20 ways are listed as infographic and I will list here the first 7 only:
- Rule of ONE
- Master the opening line
- Less is More
- Use comforting words
- Stop being cold-hearted
- Stop being predictable, be vulnerable
- No need to be long-winded
“12 experts share blogging mistakes most beginners make” by Fattkay on Hustle blog. This is expert roundup where 12 experts shared their thoughts on blogging mistakes. Read all 12 quotes by clicking the link above.
“Comprehensive Guide to Image Link Building” by Jomel Alos on techwyse blog. I think not many people actually use image link building. But this could be a very powerful way of getting new backlinks to your site.
From this post you will find what techniques you can use to get quality links to your pages.
The most effective way is to create infographics and promote them after that. For example in the current roundup you can see that I have already linked to the one post which is actually an infographic.
“5 Tips to Help Show ROI from Local SEO” by Joy Hawkins on Moz blog. Local SEO is quite different to general SEO. Joy is showing how to help slow ROI from local SEO:
- Stop sending automated Google Analytics reports
- Make conversions the focus of your report
- Use dynamic number insertion to track calls
- Estimate revenue
- Show before/after screenshots, not a ranking tracker.
“Google Reveals Most Popular ‘How To’ Searches” by Matt Southern on Search Engine Journal. Searches beginning with “how to” grown by 140% in the last 13 years. The most popular among them is “how to fix…”.
Google has compiled all this data to reveal the overall top ‘how to’ searches worldwide:
- how to tie a tie
- how to kiss
- how to get pregnant
- how to lose weight
- how to draw
- how to make money
- how to make pancakes
- how to write a cover letter
- how to make french toast
- how to lose belly fat
“Google Search Algorithm Update Today” by Barry Schwartz on Search Engine Table. On the 8th of September Google search algorithm update happened. WebmasterWorld forum was very active on that period and here are some of the comments from that day:
- But today, my “human” traffic is up by a solid 30% from North America and Europe.
- I’m seeing an improvement today as well. Unfortunately, traffic is still down 20-25% from what it was before the big Google update in May, but it’s at least better than it was all summer, and it’s been slowing improving all week.
“4 Easy-to-Implement Tactics to Increase Your Newsletter Subscribers (FAST)” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Funnel existing traffic to high-performing landing pages
- Create content upgrades
- Create a vault of subscriber-exclusive content
- Optimize these two most valuable website pages
“5 Big Reasons Why Your E-Commerce Brand Needs to Use AI (+Tools to Try!)” by Sam Hurley on Digitalcurrent. In this article Sam has covered some of the core enhancements that AI machine learning can bring to e-commerce business.
- Reason #1: Predictive Marketing
- Reason #2: Hyper-Personalization
- Reason #3: Super Searching
- Reason #4: Dynamic Pricing
- Reason #5: Superior Assistance
“How to rank on the first Google page if you have a low-authority site” by Dainius Runkevicius on thenextweb. There are many quality posts on how to rank your site on the first page of Google. This article is about low-authority site ranking. As we know site authority is very important ranking factor.
“SEO Myth Busting: 13 Biggest SEO Myths You Should Leave Behind” by Valerie Niechai on link-assistant. Here are the myths that you should leave behind:
- SEO is a fraud
- SEO is all shenanigans
- Google is at war with SEO
- One-time SEO effort is enough
- Link building is dangerous
- CTR is out of the game
- Keyword research is a waste of time
- Social signals are of no SEO value
- Guest blogging is obsolete
- High paid rankings = High organic rankings
- Keyword-optimized anchor text is bad for your SEO
- Separate pages for every keyword is a key to success
- SEO is dead
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here