In a competitive ecommerce landscape, building a loyal customer base is critical for your success. An essential aspect of customer satisfaction is quality customer service. It evokes positive brand experiences and encourages people to come back.
Still, as your customer base grows, keeping pace with their service inquiries can be challenging. That means you will need to expand your customer support team and equip them with the right tools, which may cost you a pretty penny.
Another far more affordable option is outsourcing customer service. However, afraid that this practice may compromise their brand image, many ecommerce companies are reluctant about implementing it.
Here is what you need to know about outsourcing ecommerce customer service.
How to Find Customer Service Providers?
Find reliable outsourced customer service teams that have experience in your industry and that will meet your business’ needs and quality standards.
Now, there are many international call centres you can hire to handle your customer support. They have the tools and the people needed to support your business needs, and yet, they are cost-effective. However, language barriers and cultural differences are often an issue.
If you still want to hire native-speaking service agents, consider recruiting remote local staff. Hiring remote workers can benefit your business in multiple ways, from reducing costs to improving employee satisfaction. Make sure you train them on your business processes and equip them with the right tools.
For example, invest in VoIP systems that are delivered over the internet, allowing your customer service agents to work from any locations. They also provide noise-cancelling microphones to eliminate interruptions and improve call quality. Most importantly, top virtual phone systems integrate with your CRM tool, meaning that remote customer support agents can access customer data and provide personalized feedback.
Signs You Need to Delegate Ecommerce Customer Support
There are many signs showing that your in-house customer support team does not keep pace with customer needs.
- You are behind on your tasks.
As more customers flood to your ecommerce site, the number of customer inquiries will grow. If your call centre, email support, social media support, and live chat agents cannot keep up with the growing customer inquiry volumes, it is time to consider outsourcing your customer service.
- You are lagging behind your competitors.
Research studies found that 82% of customers expect brands to provide immediate responses to marketing and sales answers. Instead of growing an in-house team and scheduling them to work in shifts to meet customer needs, you could simply outsource customer service to cater to customers all around the globe.
- The holidays are coming.
During peak seasons, your customer service inquiries will ramp up. Therefore, there is no better time to delegate customer service to professionals.
What Aspects of Customer Service to Outsource?
There are many aspects of ecommerce customer service to outsource, including:
- email support
- live chat support
- social media support
- phone support
If you want to outsource your multichannel customer service strategy, your goal is to find a company that offers customer support across all customer service media you use.
Key Factors to Consider when Outsourcing Customer Service
Remember that a single negative experience with your customer service may ruin your hard-earned brand reputation. According to Glance, it takes 12 positive customer experiences to make up for one negative experience. To prevent that, here are a few factors to consider when outsourcing customer service:
- Pay attention to the language skills of agents, especially if you are hiring an internal customer service provider. Evaluate their tone, language fluency, and clarity before hiring them.
- Observe reviews and testimonials to see how satisfied their clients are. That way, you can determine whether the company can meet your needs.
- Transparency and communication. Effective communication between your ecommerce business and an outsourced support team is essential for your success. A customer service agency should provide you with clear performance reports so you can evaluate the effectiveness of their services.
- Industry compliance. Check whether the company’s information security policies are meeting your industry’s data privacy requirements.
- Dealing with different time zones. Choose companies that provide on-demand, 24/7 customer support, irrespective of customer locations.
- Brand reputation. If a customer representative does not understand your products and industry, they will not be able to provide customers with accurate and on-brand feedback.
Ready to Outsource Ecommerce Customer Support?
Outsourcing ecommerce customer service is possible without compromising the brand image you have been building for years. That is why you need to set clear short-term and long-term goals and choose a reliable agency that meets your specific needs.
When planned strategically, outsourcing customer support will help you minimize costs, reduce the need for hiring new staff, and help you deliver immediate customer service across all channels. Above all, it is your chance to improve customer satisfaction and turn your customers into brand advocates.
Have you ever outsourced your customer service? Tell us more about your experiences with outsourced customer support companies!