Welcome to the spring edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of March 2018.
“Google Algorithm Update Brewing? Depends Who You Ask” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table. It seems that last week was a massive Google update. Many threads on Webmaster World forum were saying that. At the same time other members of the forum were sure that no updated was happened.
Down for me too.. I’ve lost 50% + traffic in November update, but I didn’t give give, I’ve recovered traffic to some extent. Since then I’m trying to build my own reader base not dependent on any third party service.
No drop here. Traffic has been good this week. Even AdSense has shown a huge improvement over the past few days.
“15 Ways to Use Snapchat for Your Business” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog. Snapchat is a social media platform which is used for sharing pictures between friends.
Here are the 15 ways to use for your business:
- Post to your story often
- Promote your Snapchat account on other marketing channels
- Create a sponsored lens
- Let social influencers take over your account
- Feature user-generated content
- Offer discounts and promo codes
- Take over another account
- Promote a new product
- Provide exclusive access
- Reply to your followers
- Post relevant content
- Promote an upcoming event
- Drive traffic to your website
- Inform your followers about an important milestone
- Mix it up
“13 Best Practices for Optimizing XML Sitemaps” by Aleh Barysevich on Search Engine Journal.
- Use Tools & Plugins to Generate Your Sitemap Automatically
- Submit Your Sitemap to Google
- Prioritize High-Quality Pages in Your Sitemap
- Isolate Indexation Problems
- Include Only Canonical Versions of URLs in Your Sitemap
- Use Robots Meta Tag over Robots.txt Whenever Possible
- Don’t Include ‘noindex’ URLs in Your Sitemap
- Create Dynamic XML Sitemaps for Large Sites
- Use XML Sitemaps & RSS/Atom Feeds
- Update Modification Times Only When You Make Substantial Changes
- Don’t Worry Too Much About Priority Settings
- Keep File Size as Small as Possible
- Create Multiple Sitemaps If Site Includes >50,000 URLs
“How to Diagnose SEO Traffic Drops: 11 Questions to Answer” by Daniel Marks on Moz blog.
Questions to ask yourself when facing an organic traffic drop
- Was there a recent Google algorithm update?
- Is the drop specific to any segment?
- Are you being penalized?
- Did the drop coincide with a major site change?
- Did you lose ranking share to a competitor?
- Did it coincide with a rise in direct or dark traffic?
- Has there been a change to the search engine results pages you care about?
- Is the drop specific to branded or unbranded traffic?
- Did a bunch of pages drop out of the index?
- Did your number of referring domains and/or links drop?
- Is SEM cannibalizing SEO traffic?
“6 Marketing Tools Every Entrepreneur Should Know About” by Jane Hurst on onmogul blog. Here are the 6 tools which Jane recommends:
“5 Online Tools for Better Business Data Management” by Zac Johnson on allbusiness.
- Marketing data: Oribi
- Data management: dock.io
- Social media: Cyfe
- Content analytics: Chartbeat
- Customer data: Pipedrive
“7 B2B Email Marketing Examples to Inspire Your Next Campaign” by Franco Varriano on rare blog. The article is divided into the following categories:
Example 1: Thank You Email
Example 2: Welcome Email
Example 3: New Features Announcement Email
Example 4: Product Feedback Email
Example 5: Nurture Email
Example 6: Apology Email
Example 7: Billing Issue Email
“The 6 best countries in Europe to start a small business” by John Marshall on UENI blog. It is a little general article and not very related to SEO or social media but I think it has some useful information and can help people to understand where is better to start a small business.
- The Netherlands
- The United Kingdom
“12 Marketing Tools To Elevate Your Business To The Next Level” by Birbahadur Singh Kathayat on Curatti blog.
- App Annie
“4 keyword research pitfalls that will ruin your SEO to oblivion” by David Leonhardt on Seo writer.
- Chasing numbers
- Forgetting seasonality
- Ignoring localization
- Sticking to one keyword difficulty
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here