Welcome to the summer edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of July 2017.
“6 CRO Mistakes You Might Be Making (And How to Fix Them)” by Lindsay Kolowich on Moz blog.
1) You think of CRO as mostly A/B testing.
2) You don’t provide context for your conversion rates.
3) You don’t really understand the statistics.
4) You don’t experiment on pages or campaigns that are already doing well.
5) You base your CRO tests on tactics instead of research.
6) You give up after a “failed” test.
“Google: There Was No Fred Update From Our Point Of View” by Barry Schwartz on SERoundTable. John Mueller from Google said that there was no algorithm update called Fred. Google make changes to their algorithm all the time.
“The June 25 Google Update: What You Should Do Now” by Beau Pedraza on Search Engine Journal. It seems that a significant Google update happened on June 25. This article tells us what you should do now and how your site could be protected from future Google updates.
“How I Built 826 Backlinks to a Single Article in 8 Weeks” by Neil Patel on quicksprout blog. This article shows us how to get high quality backlinks and rank high for very competitive keywords. I think something similar few times write on his blog Brian Dean.
The main idea of the article is epic content. It is not a big secret that people like to share quality posts.
“4 Fantastic Social Media Tools to Rapidly Scale Your Marketing (Plus CEO Predictions!)” by Sam Hurley on digitalcurrent blog. Since there are many different social media related posts online, Sam wanted to bring a completely fresh one.
I think his post looks very informative.
Here are some of the predictions:
- “Social media networks and messaging apps will collide, merge, then takeover all marketing channels.”
- “Social media marketers will be using more and more analytics to understand and optimize the traffic they get through various social networks.
- “Social media tools need to radically evolve to allow meaningful personal connections and engagement at scale.
“How SEOs Do Link Building in 2017” on link-assistant. 628 SEOs were interviewed and their answers you can find in this article. Still majority of SEOs believe in backlinks and consider them as very significant ranking factor.
It is quite interesting but only 37 of responders said they have been penalized for backlinks. And 503 have had no backlink penalties.
Most SEOs build less than 20 links per month.
“7 Tools That Will Help Make Your Personal Brand Online More Personal” by Nicolas Cole on Inc. To save your time I will just list the tools here:
- Facebook Groups
- Video Courses
In fact I saw only 6 tools so maybe it was a mistake or I was not able to find the last 7th tool 🙂
“How to Rank in the Age of Mobile and Local Search, a 12-Step SEO Guide” by Rhiza Oyos on spiralytics blog. Some time ago Google announced that their search soon will be focus on mobile first and here are a 12-step SEO guide:
- Create topical content, consider semantic keywords
- Do keyword research like it’s 2017
- Don’t ignore the Meta Data
- Optimize your content for users, not bots
- Set up Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Acknowledge the need for speed
- Optimize for the “Micro Moments”
- Claim your listing on Google Business
- Implement Schema Markup
- Give special attention to user experience
- Get social and build relationships with peers and influencers
- Make content distribution a habit
“How Content Influences Rankings – What We Found Out After Analyzing 3,7 Million Pages” by Cornelia Cozmiuc on cognitiveseo blog. This article is divided into the following chapters:
- A High Content Performance Will (Almost) Guarantee You a Top Google Position
- Commercial vs. Brand Keywords: How Do They Correlate With Rankings
- How Do Domain and Page Performance Influence Rankings
- How Long Should Your Content Be to Get High Rankings
- Defining a New Metric: Content Performance
- How We Did the Research
- How Can You Improve Your Content Performance Score
“5 Tools for Multi-Channel Ecommerce Sales” by Drew Hendricks on Inc.
- Create a Seamless Omni-Channel Presence
- Provide Stellar Multi-Channel Support
- Engage With a Branded Mobile App
- Feed the Comparison Shopping Engines
- Streamline Asset Management
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here