Welcome to the winter edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of January 2019.
“How to make the perfect page for mobile devices in 2019” by Kenneth Wernst Christensen on novicell blog.
In 2018, 52.2% of all worldwide online traffic was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3% in the previous year (Statista, 2018)
- Build a targeted front page
- Rotating banners
- Structure your content
- Length of content
- Easy and simple web page footer
“Google: Too Many Repeated Internal Links Doesn’t Hurt” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
The question was: “are repeated internal links detrimental to the google ranking position of a website? Does google ignore them or does google give minus points for every repeated internal link?”
John responded “No, feel free to link naturally within your site!”
“On-Page SEO for 2019 – Whiteboard Friday” by Britney Muller on Moz blog.
- User experience
- Content and value
“11 Tips and Tricks to Improve Your YouTube Content in 2019” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Share links that start playback at a specific time
- Add a transcript
- Create a GIF with any YouTube URL
- Organize your videos with playlists
- Create a custom URL
- Add an actionable end screen
- Use enhancements to edit videos
- Broadcast live streams
- Upload 360-degree videos
- Use Google Trends to find popular search terms
- Run ads on YouTube
“13 Important SEO KPIs You Need to Know” by James Brockbank on Search Engine Journal.
- Rankings / Position
- Organic Search Traffic (Including Google vs. Bing Traffic)
- Organic Clicks / Impressions / CTR
- Organic Conversion Rate
- Mobile Rankings
- Mobile Search Traffic
- Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Page Speed
- Crawl Errors
- Pages Indexed / Index Status
- Duplicate Titles / Descriptions
- Dwell Time
“11 Tactics to Increase Ecommerce Conversion Rates” by Anthony Capetola on wisepops blog.
- Appeal to Consumer Psychology
- Deliver Valuable Content
- Engage Visitors Via Popups and Overlays
- Create High-Quality Product Pages
- Use Strategic Pricing
- Showcase Social Proof
- Streamline Your Checkout Process
- Offer Multiple Payment and Delivery Options
- Re-Engage Cart Abandoners
- Provide In-Depth Customer Support
- Ensure Your Customers’ Data is Secure
“5 Reasons Why SEO Is Crucial for Any Business in 2019” by Aleksandra Pautaran on link-assistant blog.
- SEO lets you be where your customers are
- SEO is a lot more cost-effective than PPC
- SEO helps you build your brand
- SEO influences almost every aspect of your business
- SEO improves your website
“Top 24 Chrome Extensions for Salespeople” by Ilya Azovtsev on docsify blog. All extensions are grouped as:
- The Best Chrome Extensions for Gmail:
- Top Chrome Extensions for Sales Prospecting
- Chrome Extensions for Research and Analytics
- Google Chrome Extensions for Collaboration
- Google Chrome Extensions for Productivity
“10 Elements of Your Mobile Checkout That Need Improvement” by Pawel Ogonowski on growcode blog.
- Making crucial elements difficult to tap
- Your header takes up too much real estate
- Clunky mobile checkout forms
- Progress bar isn’t visible during checkout
- Excruciatingly slow checkout
- Making guest checkout difficult
- Not accounting for cross-device checkout
- Unfocused checkout CTA
- Correcting mistakes is tedious
- Lacking trust signals through the shopping and checkout
“31 Product Launch Announcement Email Examples (+44 Subject lines)” by Mor Mester on automizy blog.
- Trigger your users’ curiosity with teaser email – Send it 10 days before the launch
- Announce your new release with a product email – Send it 5 days before the product launch
- Launch the product – Announce it via email on the product launch date
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here