Welcome to the winter edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of April 2020.
“How To Get Blog Followers, Build An Audience & Grow Your Blogging Business” by on jessieonajourney blog.
- Start With Free Blogging Tools And Resources
- The Basics On How To Get Blog Followers
- How To Get Your Blog Seen
- How To Get Blog Followers & Build An Audience
- How To Engage Your Followers
- How To Monetize Your Blog
- Strategies For Running Your Blog Like A Business
- How To Get Blog Followers & Build An Audience [Bonus Mini Masterclass]
“Google Search Console COVID-19 Announcement Beta Tool” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table.
“Help Your Community from Six Feet Away: Non-Marketing Tips from Mozzers” by Morgan McMurray on Moz blog.
- Donate and shop
- Stay healthy
- Stay connected
- Lean into empathy
“Here’s Why Google Search Console & Google Analytics Data Don’t Match” by Michael King on Search Engine Journal.
- Google Search Console & Google Analytics Don’t Measure the Same Things
- The Anatomy of Query & Selection (Click) Logs
- OK, So What’s in the Log Files?
- What Determines a Click?
- How Analytics Determines a Session
- Why the Two Don’t Match Up
- Why Is This a Problem?
- How to Get More Precise Data
- Nothing Was the Same
“15 tips for mastering email management” by Lina Yakunina on learn.g2.com.
- Delete promotional sales messages
- Unsubscribe from newsletters you never read
- Request removal from group messages that don’t pertain to you
- Create labels for similar types of emails
- Don’t shy away from making plenty of email folders
- Auto set filters for certain senders
- Create separate sender aliases under the same email address
- Eliminate internal email forwarding
- Read and reply to emails at a set time every day
- Flag important messages you can’t respond to right away
- Respond to business emails within a 24-48 hour time frame
- Follow-up on important emails within 3-5 business days
- Download corresponding apps to respond to emails on the go
- Have a set signature on your emails so you don’t have to write your name every time
- Create and share email templates
“8 Tips for Naming Your Startup Business” by Shane Barker on shanebarker.
- Keep It Simple, Short, and Scalable
- Choose a Company Name That Reflects Innovation
- Don’t Compromise on the Desired Name
- Get a Relevant Domain Extension
- Make It Keyword-Rich or Industry-Relevant
- Optimize It for Voice Search
- Trademark Your Brand and Domain Name
- Familiarize Yourself with Domain Security
“A 14 Point Landing Page Checklist + Infographic for Higher Conversion” By Yigit Durdag on grow-force blog.
#1 Clear Value Proposition
#2 Visual Focus
#3 Short forms
#4 Call to actions
#5 Social Proof
#6 1:1 attention ratio
#7 Make it personalized
#8 Help your visitors by showing all the steps
#9 Use bullet points to present your features or benefits.
#10 Page speed optimization
#11 Clear communication (what, why, how)
#12 Mobile Friendly – Responsive
#13 Create urgency
#14 Repeating the call-to-action
“7 Must-Have Features Of CMS To Execute An Effective Content Marketing Strategy” by Darya Jandossova Troncoso on marketsplash.
- User management
- Backend Editor
- Easy Design
- Built-in SEO Friendliness
- Compatible to Generate Analytics
- Versatility In Terms of Content
- Easy Content Sharing Tool
“5 tips to keep your business running during COVID-19” by Jade Heuillard on rockboost blog.
- How to transition to digital if you’re an offline business
- How to advertise your e-commerce or online service
- How to offer unique experiences remotely
- How to deal with interruptions in supplies
- How to keep your team together when remote working
“6 Reasons Why You Should Be Selling On Google Shopping” by Ketan Mishra on cedcommerce blog.
- What is Google Shopping?
- Why Google Shopping is a must for your business?
- Benefits of selling on Google Shopping
- Question you may still have
- How good is Google Shopping
- Does google shopping work
“How to Pitch Journalists Like a PR Pro” by Mark Lewandowski on CanIRank’s blog.
This article covers how to write pitches that journalists not only read, but actually appreciate and respond to. One of the keys to successful outreach is understanding that there’s another person on the other side of your monitor. The piece breaks down what it’s like being a journalist who receives cold pitches every day and how to avoid landing in their spam folder.
In addition, it provides examples of how to develop a strong hook, establish yourself as a credible source, and seal the deal with a strong call-to-action. Pitching journalists isn’t easy. It requires a lot of hustle and follow-up. But this guide from CanIRank can help make the process more manageable for startups and SMEs that don’t have a bring brand name.
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here