Welcome to the spring edition, of what is now becoming a monthly roundup of what I consider to be some of the best SEO and internet marketing article. Without much ado, here are some of the most exciting and informative articles I came across during the month of April 2018.
“How Facebook May Know More About You Than Your Own Spouse…” by Anish Aryal on digitalspotlight blog. This is very detailed article. A study made by Cambridge University says:
- It took just 10 likes for the computer to know you better than a work colleague
- It took 70 likes for the computer to know you better than a close friend or roommate
- It took 150 likes for the computer to know you better than a sibling or parent
- It took just 300 likes for the computer to know you better than your spouse
“How to Use Evergreen Lead Magnets to Welcome and Wow New Users (Case Study)” by Sam Thomas Davies on sleeknote blog. This is another very big article so I will share only paragraph names with you:
- The #1 Mistake We Made with Our Lead Magnets (Avoid This Trap At All Costs)
- What You Need to Know About The 3 Most Common Types of Lead Magnet
- Introducing: Evergreen Lead Magnets
- How to Create a Lead Magnet That Stays Evergreen
- Are Evergreen Lead Magnets for You?
“Google Launches “More Results” Button, Drops Next Button & Ads Load Beneath Organic Results” by Barry Schwartz on SE Round Table. Via Google Twitter account they said
“we’ve launched a new “More results” button that makes it easier & faster to get more search results on mobile.”
Here is how it looks now:
“Google Confirms Chrome Usage Data Used to Measure Site Speed” by Tom Anthony on Moz blog.
“The Top 12 Tips for Running a Successful Video Blog” by Neil Patel on Quick Sprout blog.
- Invest in a high quality microphone
- Make sure you have proper lighting
- Add captions to your videos
- Get yourself a decent camera
- Find the right screen capture software
- Be personable and engaging
- Give your audience a reason to watch
- Learn how to edit effectively
- Encourage users to comment
- Host an interview
- Distribute your content
- Keep recording
“Google Confirms Algorithm Update Released on April 16th” by Matt Southern on Search Engine Journal. Google officially confirmed via their Twitter account that on Monday, 16th of April it was another algorithm update.
“15 eCommerce SEO Tactics to Implement in Mid-2018 (Research-backed)” by Mike Belasco on goinflow blog.
- Reduce the number of queries per page
- Implement HTTP/2
- Cache static files and remove dead code
- Optimize images
- Ignore the search “average” click-through rate curve
- Use paid keyword advertising conversion data
- Use short, keyword-rich titles
- Write 300-350 word descriptions
- Optimize for voice queries using long-tail keywords
- Make snippets with small lists and tables, not just paragraphs
- Look at different snippets from competing URLs
- Include all phone numbers in your GMB listing
- Get star ratings in organic searches
- Find sponsorship/backlink opportunities in your city
“3 Slick Upsell & Cross-Sell Methods to Boost Revenue + Profit” by Sam Hurley on postfunnel.
Method #1: ‘While Browsing’
Method #2: ‘In Cart’
Method #3: ‘After Checkout’
“3 B2B Marketing ‘Hot Topics’ Not to Be Ignored in 2018 (& Beyond)” by Sam Hurley on digitalcurrent.
Hot Topic #1: The B2B Consumer
Hot Topic #2: The Young Decision Makers
Hot Topic #3: The Social Squeeze
“6 Basic Steps to Post on Instagram to Generate Much Leads” by Don Justice on 90affiliate.
- Use Live Video
- Create a good In-Image CTAs
- Do a marketing research about your audience
- Run contests
- Set up a campaign
- Be Strategic With Posting Content
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here