Social media can be sometimes pretty overwhelming and overpowering.
Especially when you are a social media manager and you have to manage the social media accounts of other people on a regular basis.
Juggling between different responsibilities and managing them without any lacking makes a social media manager job awesome?
A social media manager has many responsibilities – Creating content, scheduling shares, engaging with followers, repurposing content, sharing others’ content and so on. To manage all those responsibilities social media management tools are an absolutely essential.
The tools I am going to feature here are some of the best social media tools out there, which have the potential to improve your productivity in the long run.
Choose the ones that fit your needs and give them a try.
HootSuite is one of the most popular social media management tool for people and businesses to collaborate and execute campaigns through several social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest from one web-based dashboard. Hootsuite has become an essential tool for managing social media tracking conversations and measuring campaign results via the web or mobile devices. Hootsuite offers different pricing plan depending on the needs of your business.
Power of Hootsuite
- You can control social media accounts and profiles from one dashboard.
- Advanced analytics help you track, monitor, and analyze your social media marketing.
- Increase social media reach with more than 80 different apps.
- Assign tasks to your teams and improve project with group collaboration.
- Give quick replies to customer queries.
- Comes with a free plan for small businesses.
Buffer is a smooth and efficient way to deliver content across different social media platforms. Buffer made the life of social media managers a lot easier. This tool lets you keep to a consistent social media appearance all week long without having to invest a lot of precious time. The Buffer app also offers analytics about the engagement and reach of your posts, so that you can see which content and content type is getting more hit.
Supremacy of Buffer –
- It has built-in link shortening capability.
- You can schedule posts in bulk and the frequency of posting.
- Buffer lets you add multiple profiles and accounts.
- It has a browser extension and a mobile app that makes Buffer so diverse.
IFTTT (If this then that) lets you build automated processes or recipe to help manage your life. IFTTT connects two social networks and lets you create formulas using ‘if this then that’ logic.
For example, if a customer posts a query on your social media page, you will be notified through mail.
Frankly, this is an excellent tool that doesn’t just automate but it links multiple apps and social accounts together. IFTTT works with all the key tools out there.
In reality, the possibility is endless here and IFTTT can reduce a lot of unnecessary steps.
CrowdBooster provides a set of social media analytics for Facebook & Twitter with ideas and means to boost your online engagement. The tool provides an overall glance of your social analytics, audience insights and content scheduling to optimize delivery.
Here is how it does it:
- It generates ready-to-use reports that can be transferred to Excel with one click.
- It only works for Facebook and Twitter thus it keeps you more concentrated.
- Based on the real-time finding, it gives propositions on the best time to post.
- It also discovers the most involved users on both the platforms.
HubSpot is software aimed to achieve all of your inbound marketing. HubSpot manages marketing via social media & email as well as web analytics, content management, and SEO. Learning how to use HubSpot can satisfy your inbound marketing process and allows you to grow your business.
- An elastic reporting process
- Summary of your team’s performance
- Report cards and comprehensive spreadsheet reports
- Customizable email reports
Canva is a great first stop when you need to create a general image for social media.
Canva is a free tool that offers different graphic types for use in all from presentations, pictures and for marketing campaign.
Note: If you know the exact dimensions of the image you want, create a custom size before clicking into any of the premade templates.
Slack is essentially used as “messaging app” and is completely free to use. The idea behind Slack is to make communication easier between team members with a few advanced features to also improve collaboration.
It has some awesome feature up its sleeves –
- All team communication happens in one place
- Incorporation with services we already use
- All messages and content is searchable from one search box
- File sharing is very easy
- Code snippets (better for programmers)
- One on one and private groups
- Accessible anywhere, anytime
Grammarly is an ultimate tactic to spell-check your social media posts. Even when you write something on social that you think is error free, people occasionally comment with corrections. You either misspelled something or used the incorrect spelling of a word. Grammarly has resolved that problem for social media managers.
Grammarly is a software, web app and a browser extension. The tool examines your writing for unsuitable word usage, grammatical errors and plagiarism. It marks any errors, just like a typical spell-check.
Grammarly’s free suite has a lot of functions, but there are paid upgrade choices offered, which do even more intense checks.
Basically Asana lets you to manage any project you have, and all you have to do is add the email addresses of the people involved in that specific project. Underneath the project you can have all the jobs listed, and your team members can update their status as the project goes by.
Asana allows you to –
- Set up assignments
- Add the group members according to assignments
- Add the jobs requiring to be done
- Provide all the details to the team members
- Set a due date
- Allow all members to give updates and comment in assignment space, plus Asana will email you all updates and comments
- Focus when tasks are overdue
- Tick off when jobs are finished.
If you’re a social media manager, SEMrush is in your arsenal of online marketing gears. This platform assists you with SEO, keyword research, check for backlinks, and lets you do a full SEO audit (just to name a few).
There are other tools out there that offer social media analytics, but SEMrush delivers the simplest social media statistics to read. You’re able to get analytics for:
SEMrush lets you to add up to 100 competitors and examine their separate profiles. You can find out different analytics of your competitors which can be applied to your present or future marketing campaigns.
Ghost Browser permits you to log into any website with several accounts from a single browser. This can be very manageable when you run multiple social media profiles for each platforms and different email ID from the same browser.
Value of Ghost Browser for social media manager –
- Exclude hours of boring tasks each week
- Diminish mistakes in your work
- Reduce hindrance and strain
- Maintain focus
- Help you deal with client crises
- Keep your daily tasks planned
- Speed up repetitive tasks
Blog posts can be a great way of content, but it consumes time to visit each blog every day to find the right content. If you subscribe via email, you will get far too many emails or they may not arrive at a suitable time for you to read them, not to mention it will get messy. This is why Feedly is so useful for social media manager.
- Use Feedly on Desktop and Mobile without any hassle
- Integrate Feedly with Buffer for content curation
- Discover new feeds related to your industry
- Take advantage of Pinterest integration – You can pin images directly to your Pinterest boards from within Feedly.
Podcasts are an ultimate source of material for many social media marketers. But there are so many great choices, so it could be a dilemma to find and keep track of all the great programs in one place. Here Pocket Cast shines. The app has been called the finest podcast app for both iPhones and Android platforms —and the app completely justifies that.
The Pocket Casts databank comprises of every podcast you could ever want, with over 300,000 unique shows. These are arranged by featured, trending, and most popular, so you can effortlessly find something new and fresh.
With innovative playback features, you can use silence and add volume enhancement to help lessen background noise. Other features like in-built queues and syncing options make Pocket Cast a must-have.
Do you face problems finding leads that are significant to your industry? Or, maybe you have problems engaging with your target audience on social media? Using Socedo may be the right fit for you.
Socedo is a B2B lead generation procedure that allows you to find, engage and qualify leads through social media.
Basically, the platform works to filter through millions of users on Twitter, collecting the most relevant profiles that fit your buyer personas.
You can also hire an analyst from Orbit (a BPO service provider) for customized lead generation and lead nurturing purposes.
Over to you
Social media has changed a lot over the years and the job of a social media manager has become more challenging with these changes.
Now that you know these tools a bit better, which one will you choose? Each has benefits and unique features, but it all comes down to what you personally need. So which of these tools is going to be your ally in putting your company on the map?
I'm SEO specialist and certified Adwords consultant. I have been working in Search Engine Marketing for over three year. In addition working in SEO, I love writing about the subject and contributing to forum discussion in forums about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation from link building to content development. Read more about me here